Update: This issue is now fixed! The information in this blog post is out of date. Read our blog post about the changes here.
We’ve received many support queries this week from broadcasters asking why autoplay is no longer working in the embeddable player.
This issue actually only affects the Google Chrome browser, and has been caused by a change in the way that Chrome allows plugins to be loaded in certain contexts.
Other browsers, including Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer, are not affected.
The good news is that we’re working on a fix for this problem, and we hope to have your embeddable players fully working again soon.
Watch this space for more news.
Update 24/9: We’ve now identified a solution to the Google Chrome problems and are working on implementing it. The changes will significantly improve your player, and fix the autoplay issue, but will take us into next week before we can release it. Thank you for your patience while we continue to improve your service.
Update 30/9: We are starting to roll out some changes today which will address this issue. Please bear with us while we test the changes and ensure everything is fully working before we roll out fully.
Update 1/10: Initial testing has been successful! All embeddable players are currently working correctly in Chrome. We will be monitoring the new system closely over the next few days to ensure it is working to the usual high standards. Please let us know your feedback!